20 February 2011

Quick Update about Nothings

I really want to sit down and just write about everything that has happened in the last two weeks or so, but I simply cannot find time!  First of all, there is so much to catch up because I just got my laptop back after it being broken for two weeks.  Apparently there was something wrong with my hard drive, so I had to replace it.  Luckily I still have most of my data saved!  Besides having to pay an arm and a leg to get it fixed, I had a good two weeks without the distraction of my computer.  I successfully established a consistent walking to school in the morning and practicing routine, which I hope to continue, which means I probably should not be staying up late blogging right now.  My Institut is about a thirty-five-minute walk away from my apartment, so it is nice.  I had a week off after the three-week Intensive German.  Three friends and I sort of decided on a whim that we should go to Paris for four days, although we originally wanted to go to Venice but later found out that we could not afford it.  So to Paris we went!  I should like to write about that as soon as I find some time.

Weekends are busy because everyone wants to go out and do something.  With eighteen-credit classes, practicing, trying to make other travel plans, in addition to sending summer internship and research grant applications at the same time, I find very little time for sitting down in front of my computer.  However, I do not want to write about how I don't have time to write!  I should go to bed soon.  Tomorrow I will have my second lesson tomorrow.  My bassoon instructor is an Alexander Technique teacher, so I have a feeling we will be working on breathing and posture a lot.  My two roommates had their violin lessons today and they felt really good about how the instructor was able to demonstrate to them what to work on and how to practice, and gave them challenging pieces.  I hope I will feel the same way about my instructions too.

No comments:

Post a Comment